mine-apocalypse Index du Forum

serveur de lvlup456

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Writing Like Breathing Dacia Maraini Anthology

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    mine-apocalypse Index du Forum -> General -> Problemes
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message

MessagePosté le: Lun 3 Juil - 18:15 (2017)    Sujet du message: Writing Like Breathing Dacia Maraini Anthology Répondre en citant

Writing Like Breathing: Dacia Maraini Anthology
by Dacia Maraini

->>>DOWNLOAD BOOK Writing Like Breathing: Dacia Maraini Anthology

Dacia Maraini is today's most prominent Italian writer. She's won, among others, both Campiello and Strega prizes, which are the most prestigious Italian literature awards. Her books have been translated into 22 languages and some of her bestsellers - such as Storia di Piera [Piera's Story], L'eta del malessere [The Age of Malaise], La lunga vita di Marianna Ucria [The Silent Duchess], Voci [Voices], and Memorie di una ladra [Memories of a Thief] - were turned into successful movies. Writing like Breathing is a unique collection comprising some of her most important works, the majority of which have never been translated into English. The series is divided into four major volumes that are meant to give a full picture of Maraini's production from 1962 to the present: I. Autobiography, novels, short stories and poems; II. Plays; III. Articles; IV. Essays, talks and interviews. Writing like Breathing shows how the finest Italian woman writer alive today has embraced and fought for a vast number of issues: women's rights, abuse of women and children, emigration, discrimination, politics, the Holocaust, among many others. Moreover, this collection of Maraini's autobiographies, novels, short stories, and poems, emphasises the author's long relationship with Japan and the United States, countries to which she has devoted several books and articles, both autobiographical and fictional. Some unpublished manuscripts enrich this unique first volume: two short stories ("A Christmas in the Snow Globe" and "Aylan") and three poems ("At Night", "Rome", "Like Sea Bass Underwater"). The other volumes contain unpublished plays ("Diotima and Socrates," "My Name is Antonino Calderone," "Celia Carli, Ornithologist", and "Lia, Who Thought Herself Antigone"), essays, talks, conversations, and interviews given by the author at American universities.

The market is made up of readers, and, according to statistics, it is women who read the most, at least as far as novels are concernedIn her autobiographies Bagheria (Bagheria) and La nave per Kobe (The Ship for Kobe), the author speaks about the period spent with her family in Japan from 1938 to 1945, her reclusion in the Japanese concentration camps (1943-1945), and her life in Sicily (1947-on)An Homage to Dacia MarainiThe collection emphasis Marainis long relationship with the unites States and Japan, and it is enriched by two unpublished short stories as well as by interviews and by talks given by the author at American universitiesWomen writers, even the most famous, often disappear with their deathsI open it, I offer them coffee or tea and cookies and they tell me their story, and then usually they go awayI remember that at school, instead of listening to the Italian professor, who was always very boring and conventional, I would read history books under my desk, like the The History of Rome by Mommsen and The History of Europe by Benedetto Croce, two books that fascinated me and taught me a great dealWWB: Your writing often features women whose voices are in some way silenced or, conversely, women who are combatting the suppression of their voices.An important conversation happening in the world of translation right now has to do with gender imbalanceRead an excerpt from Dacia Maraini’s novelColumba Published Feb 21, 2017Copyright 2017 Jessie Chaffee Return to WWB Daily Leave Your Comment Please enable JavaScript to view the comments powered by DisqusNot all of them want to and, of course, it is easier with the languages that I know: English, French, and SpanishNOOK PressPublish your book with B&N Learn More The B&N Mastercard5% Back on All B&N Purchases Learn More Barnes & Noble CafRelax and Refuel Visit BN Caf B&N MembershipDon't Miss Out on Savings Learn More B&N ServicesAdvertiseAffiliate ProgramPublisher & Author GuidelinesBulk Order DiscountsB&N MembershipB&N MastercardB&N Kids' ClubB&N EducatorsB&N BookfairsShipping & DeliveryAbout Free ShippingAbout ShippingShipping RatesNOOKNOOK Tablets & eReadersNOOK Mobile AppsAbout UsAbout B&NInvestor RelationsBarnes & Noble, Inc.Careers at B&NQuick HelpCustomer ServiceOrder StatusEasy ReturnsProduct Recalls Find a Store Sign up for savings, news, updates Facebook Twitter Instagram Pinterest Google Plus Terms of UseCopyright & TrademarkPrivacy PolicySitemapAccessibility1997-2017 Barnes & Noble Booksellers, Inc 48a4f088c3

Discover books, read about the author, find related products, and more.Ho ascoltato Dacia Maraini in unaltra occasione sullo stesso argomento. Dal tuo contributo sono felice di sentirla sempre appassionata, arrabbiata e tenace.
The Con Man's Daughter: A Story of Lies, Desperation, and Finding GodThe Annual Monitor for 1884: Or Obituary of the Members of the Society of Friends in Great Britain and Ireland, for the Year 1883 (Classic Reprint)Puppy Training: Raising the Perfect Puppy (A Guide to Housebreaking, Crate Training & Basic Dog Obedience)Die Lebensgeschichte des Grossen Königs Friedrich von Preussen, Vol. 2: Ein Buch für Jedermann (Classic Reprint) (German Edition)FLOAT LIKE A BUTTERFLY: Muhammad Ali: The Greatest Boxer In HistoryClaire Lane Mystery Series. Books 1-3 (Volume 1)Superhero+Kristen%3A+A+6+x+9+Lined+JournalCrochet Pattern - CP331 - crochet owl cocoon - sizes Preemie, 0 – 3mths, 3 –6mths - USA TerminologyEvangelical Lutheran Hymn-Book: By Authority of the English Evangelical Lutheran Synod of Missouri and Other States (Classic Reprint)Henri Poincaré: Le physicien (French Edition)

MessagePosté le: Lun 3 Juil - 18:15 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    mine-apocalypse Index du Forum -> General -> Problemes Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation